Thursday, March 31, 2005

Things to keep in mind next time around

I know lots of people at law school who have young children. I know several women who have had babies during school. All of them seemed to balance school and work and family with no problem. I thought I would be the same way, but today I realized that all of these other women I know have parents and in-laws in town with them. When they need to run an errand in the afternoon or, heaven forbid, go out with their husbands, they simply call mom or mom-in-law, and--poof!--instant baby sitter.

We don't have that, and it's starting to take its toll. Poor Jay hasn't slept more than six total hours out of the last 48. The only times he's been able to doze off have been during the last two Braves games, so that makes him even grumpier. As for me, I'm getting to sleep more than Jay, but I'm definitely ready for a vacation. . .or at least a Nanny.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

pray for a double-header--Jay can sleep through two games--Love--daddy