Thursday, March 24, 2005

Daddy Dialog

Hi, this is Jay chiming in on the blog. I know the bottom of this post says Candi, that's just because I'm too lazy/tired/busy to figure out how to post with my own name.

I just wanted to give a short update on our family this morning.

Jamie: Jamie's doing great today. He's falling into more of a pattern; eating about every 3 hours with long wakeful periods in the morning and afternoon. Unfortunately, he's still prone to eating more frequently at night, so sleep has been limited for the rest of us. His reflux seems to be under control. The cereal given in his breast-milk bottles and sitting up after meals are helping. There's less spitting up and crying after eating. Thrush, too, is on the run. The drops we're giving him have really worked, though I'm sure he'll be glad when we're finished with them. He's a happy baby. He loves being held and sitting in the front carrier, and he really loves eating.

Candi: Candi is at work this morning. She's recovered remarkably fast and is really active and energetic considering the lack of sleep and how recent Jamie's birth really is. Motherhood suits her very well, and I can tell that Jamie perks up when she holds him.

Jay: I'm feeling pretty good today because Jamie slept pretty well last night. It meant that Candi and I were able to get more sleep than in previous nights. This is freeing me up to do Jamie's laundry and clean the apartment today, and I'm actually enjoying it a lot. As I type this, I've got Jamie in the front carrier and he's sleeping soundly -- I think I enjoy it even more than he does.

Indie: Indie feels like the forgotten member of our family. She's taking this extremely well. We can tell that she'd like to get more attention, but right now we just can't give it to her. She's been extremely good about respecting Jamie's personal space. If he fusses she'll even come to the side of his bed and peek in, just checking on him. She hasn't shown any jealousy, just mild curiosity, and that's a good thing.

And that's Jamie's cue to wake up and eat lunch, so I've got to run. Before I go, though, I'll encourage you leave comments whenever you stop by. The beauty of the blog is that it's a great communication tool, and it works both ways (at least it does now). We'd love to hear from everybody.

Jay

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We will be meeting Jamie and Indy on Sat. Can hardly wait. Love the pictures and the comments on the blog. Let Jamie know his great grandparents are on the way.
Love, G&G Watson

Anonymous said...

Jamie, I wrote you a long letter instead of just a comment when your parents first established your blog, but it didn't get to you. Your Great Aunt Linda and Great Uncle Bob love you already more than you will ever be able to imagine. I hear you're having a little bit of tummy upset and some thrush, but your daddy has taken you to your doctor several times just to make sure that you are getting any and every bit of medical attention you need. You are certainly the star of the family! We can hardly wait to hold you in our arms and get to know you as a newborn, and we'll be there soon!
Much love, Linda and Bob