Saturday, March 05, 2005

Saturday Evening Visit

Nothing new to report this visit, although I forgot to mention in the last post that they also have removed his IV.

When I walked up to him in the nursery, he opened both his eyes and looked at me. We're getting to see his eyes more frequently now. . . the first three days of his life I wasn't sure he actually had them!

I fed him and he took to it pretty well, although he gets tired easily because he's not used to having to suck to get full. (Normally the feeding tube just fills up his belly on command.) He ended up falling asleep before he could get a full feeding, but all the nurses have been quite pleased at how easily he has taken to real feedings.

Jay will head back for a visit tonight, when Jamie will be in the Intermediate Care Nursery.

No comments: